I was reading the speech of Patrick Henry and he had made clear that the British would not give them their freedom no matter how much they have tried convincing them. The colonists would sign petitions, have remonstrances which created additional violence and insults, and even threw themselves down at the throne. What else could they have done to avoid war with Britain?
- Were the American colonists justified in waging war and breaking away from Britain?
- How did the French and Indian war affect relations between Britain and the North American colonists?
- What impact did the French and Indian war have on the American colonists and the colonists’ relationship with Great Britain?
- How did the colonists manage to triumph in their battle for independence despite Great Britain s military might?
- How the colonial patriots convinced other colonists to support the idea of independence from great britain?