I love cooking. I also love baking. Whenever I’m stressed or in a bad mood, those two things just calm me down. It’s a passion I love doing. And yes, I know culinary school is expensive… Which is why I don’t want to go to college as soon as I graduate. I want to take a year off and work as a restaurant chef to make sure it’s what I want to do. If it helps, I’m 16 years old and whenever my teachers talk about the SAT or the ACT I just have this gut feeling that it just doesn’t pertain to me. I don’t know. My sister is in nursing school and I feel like my parents expect me to go to college. I mentioned culinary school to my mom and she said,”I don’t think so. I think you’re better off with journalism.” But this is my life. I can’t see myself making a living off of writing; it’s iust a hobby. I’ve been looking into psychology too (I’m entirely confused). But I was looking online and country-club/hotel chefs make GOOD money. I just feel like my parents won’t take me seriously/ support me, and I just can’t see myself enjoying college. Help?
- How do I confront my parents with my dream of becoming a makeup artist?
- My parents don t believe in my dream?
- My parents never let me go to a university or get a job, now what?
- Top 4 Tips on How to Find Your Dream Job
- I want to turn a dream I had last night into a novel but it’s riddled with so many holes and I can’t think of answers.?