My boyfriend and I met when I studied abroad in Spain. I stayed there for a year. And we met one of my first nights there. He’s a Spaniard. We spent the fall semester apart and it was hard. Then he had an internship in New York a few hours away and we saw each other in the Spring. So essentially, we’ve been together a year and 9 months. He graduated last year and I just graduated. I’ve always been more mature for my age. I decided my career path when I was only 12 and am still on the same path. We’ve talked about what our life goals are as far as marriage, family planning, the kind of place we’d like to live. They match up and I love him so much. I’d been with other guys before but he’s my first relationship. We agreed if we did get married, we’d live in the States. But he’d be leaving an amazing, tight-knit family behind. I feel like there’s a difference between being together as students and living together as working professionals. I want to know we’re still compatible. I wish we had more time to date, like another year. But he’s having trouble getting a work visa and I hate the idea of carrying this out long distance and that wouldn’t help me see how are compatibility is living together. I also imagine it’d be hurtful if I said no to his proposal. He seemed hurt when I said I had to think about it. I believe he’s someone I could see myself married to it but I don’t think now’s the time. Saying no though could make me lose him altogether though and I know I don’t want that
- He proposed and now I’m doubting every part of us…I even contacted someone from the past…now I feel bad what do I do…?
- I asked my boyfriend about marriage yesterday, do you think this is a response that is reasonable and makes sense?
- I wanna plan a surprise to meet my long distance boyfriend… But how can I surprise him when I get there in a big cute way?
- Is it my fault he never proposed and moved on? Is this whole situation my fault?
- They say, and perhaps sometimes it may feel as if true, the ‘highest’ elation is when you ‘fall in love’ with your proposed life partner?