The term “Chinese” refers to the Chinese state. In today’s case that would be the People’s Republic of China. The so-called ethnic “Chinese” would refer to themselves as “Hua” (literally flower people) and “the people of the Han”. Ethnic Chinese people do not necessarily see themselves as people of the Chinese state. But why isn’t there a term to distinguish between those of Chinese ethnic ancestry and those of Chinese citizenship?
- True or false: You feel more secure in a Western saddle then you do in an English one.?
- Was it possible for China to adopt Western Technology without profoundly changing Chinese civilization?
- Was it possible for china to adopt western technology without profoundly changing chinese civilization?
- Is it true that Chinese people all start wearing long johns after mid-autumn festival?
- Is it true that the rudest Chinese people are from Fuzhou?